Sponsored by Old Mutual
ZK Matthews, Nosizwe HS, Gasela HS, Thembalabantu, Kuyasa SSS, MgcawezuluSS, Xolani SS, Richard Varha, Zukhanye SS, Nonceba, Dumalisile SSS, Toise, Nompendulo, Archie Velile SS, Hector Peterson.
Post course Impact Evaluation Statements (selection):
There was evidence of shifts in thinking, self belief, insights and self confidence:
- I do have a lot of potential. I am not as inefficient and poor as I thought
- I know who I am, my strengths and weaknesses and how best to use my personality.
- Before this course I led not listening to other’s views and forcing cooperation
Learning/ Change Impact Themes:
- The value of a multi perspective approach midst uncertainty was highlighted
- I understood using various “ lenses” to evaluate
- There is no one way of solving problems and interacting
- I have learnt to not only view a challenge from my own perspective but to allow others to voice their own perceptions.
- Ways of leading and managing conflict and change situations were highlighted.
- The value of communication, support, trust and consultation was emphasised.
- Each individual has a unique or different leadership style
- Leadership is not about power or authority. It needs skill and careful planning
- My key learning was managing and resolving conflict
Change Action/ Vision Themes: “What will I do differently”?
- I will stand firm and strong before my educators because this course is relevant
- I will introduce every intension of change before it is implemented for the staff to air their views. I will give them enough information necessary for change.
- I will listen to members of staff concerning their needs and feelings
- I will raise motivation and communication